Continuing with the theme of multi-content Friday Updates, Bioware has hit us with the CE Unboxing, Eurogamer Highlights Video, and some Fan Artwork.
- Color Stone. Included as part of every pre-order of Star Wars: The Old Republic, the Color Stone is a special crystal that players can use to change the color of any lightsaber blade or blaster bolt to a yellow hue encased in a black outer shell.
These items are included as bonuses for the Digital Deluxe Edition.
- Flare Gun. The Flare Gun is a small cosmetic device that allows you to fire a particle flare high into the sky above your character’s head.
- Training Droid. A small but advanced piece of machinery, the Training Droid will hover by your side as you explore the galaxy. The Training Droid will also serve you in combat, marking your target with a particle effect that clearly identifies them as an enemy.
- HoloDancer. The HoloDancer allows you to take the party with you in your travels and can be deployed at almost any time by activating the HoloDancer and targeting the ground near your character.
- HoloCam. The HoloCam lets your character take high-resolution images of the countless wonders that they will discover on their journey across the galaxy.
- STAP. The STAP, or Single Trooper Aerial Platform, is a custom-skinned vehicle that you will be able to acquire at no cost to you. The vehicle itself will become available once your character gains the ability to pilot vehicles.
In addition to the items included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Collector’s Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic includes the following items.
- Mouse Droid. This mouse droid, custom-skinned for Collector’s Edition owners, serves as a faithful pet that will follow you as you make your way across the galaxy.
- Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.
Next is some very impressive pieces of Fan Art, including a painting of a Trooper and some concept art for the Sith Capital Ships. Also tagged onto the bottom article are some new forum icons that will be available for use in the official SWTOR forums. The icons are of various weapons from the game like the lightsabre, blaster, and even a space hatchet.
Finally we have a Hightlight Video of the event that brought us the release date, Eurogamer Expo. Check it out below:
This year’s Eurogamer Expo was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, as BioWare co-founders Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk made the announcement that Star Wars™ fans around the world had been waiting for—the release date for The Old Republic™! Throughout the weekend we also had the opportunity to meet with thousands of passionate Star Wars™: The Old Republic fans and talk with them both on the Eurogamer Expo showfloor and at our Community Meet & Greet.
We’ve put the highlights from the event into this video so that all of you who weren’t able to make it to the show could see it for yourselves!