A few days ago I brought you the story of EA being sued by disgruntled gamers over their BF3 fiasco. It seems they are taking the issue seriously and have decided to remedy the problem. They have issued a statement on their website that all owners of Battlefield 3 on the PS3 will get a free copy of Battlefield 1943 starting this month.
Full details on who is eligible and how to get your copy is available from their site. Do you think this is a good enough response to the whole debacle? Has EA taken the right steps to resolve the matter and smooth things over with gamers everywhere by correcting their mistake and quickly making the game available to those who originally thought they would get it via a promotion?
It’s a nice little bonus to anyone who just bought BF3 and might not have even known about the original promise to get Battlefield 1943 as well.
EA has issued the following statement via the news section of their website:
There have been some misunderstandings around Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield 3. To address this we are making Battlefield 1943 available free of charge to owners of Battlefield 3 on the PS3 beginning this month.
Battlefield 1943 PlayStation 3 vouchers will be available on the following dates via the 1943redemption.battlefield.com portal:
· November 26th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation Network Sony Europe.
· December 10th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation Network Sony America.
· December 17th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation Network Sony Asia and Sony Japan.
To download your copy of Battlefield 1943 for the PlayStation 3 please follow the easy steps below.
1. Activate your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for the PlayStation 3 using the voucher included in the game (see step #5 for additional instructions).
2. Visit 1943redemption.battlefield.com on or after the dates outlined above for your region and log in with your Origin ID and password. Click here if you need help with retrieving your account information.
3. Select your territory. Note vouchers do not work across regions.
4. You will then receive a PlayStation 3 voucher for Battlefield 1943.
5. input your voucher into the PlayStation Network store. Instructions below.
1. From the XMB (cross media-bar) of the PlayStation 3 connected to a network, choose [account management] under the [PlayStation Network].
2. From the menu select redeem codes.
3. Enter voucher and select continue.
4. Download Battlefield 1943.
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)