While he recently announced his official departure from BioWare, Drew Karpyshyn hinted he has a new novel in the works. Before now, there was not a lot known about the next novel in the Star Wars The Old Republic series but an announcement on publisher Del Ray’s Facebook page indicates otherwise.
First, DARTH BANE and REVAN author Drew Karpyshyn is cranking away on his next novel, STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC: ANNIHILATION. Republic agent Theron Shan and his Twi’lek compadre, Teff’ith (from Dark Horse Comics’ STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC: THE LOST SUNS) must contend with a Sith Empire counter-attack against the Republic, spearheaded by the lethal apprentice of Darth Malgus. Satele Shan and Jace Malcolm co-star in what will be a fast-paced and tension-fraught tale based on the award-winning video game from BioWare and LucasArts.
This is great news for Karpyshyn fans and anyone who loves SWTOR lore and the novels.
Del Ray also announced their release schedule for the year which includes:
- STAR WARS: FATE OF THE JEDI: APOCALYPSE by Troy Denning goes on sale MARCH 13.
- STAR WARS: THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO WARFARE by Jason Fry goes on sale APRIL 3.
- STAR WARS: SCOURGE goes on sale APRIL 24.
- STAR WARS: LOST TRIBE OF THE SITH: THE COLLECTED STORIES by John Jackson Miller goes on sale JULY 31.
- Aaron Allston’s STAR WARS: X-WING: MERCY KILL goes on sale AUGUST 7.
- Pablo Hidalgo’s STAR WARS: THE ESSENTIAL READER’S COMPANION goes on sale AUGUST 21.
- STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC: ANNHILATION by Drew Karpyshyn goes on sale NOVEMBER 13.