As part of the local launch festivities, the guys over at TOROZ had some time to talk with Gabe Amatangelo, SWTOR’s Lead PvP designer. The Oceanic community had a lot of questions and they were able to get most of them asked in the time they had with Gabe.
There were some things of interest to all of us in this interview. For example, there will new PvP changes and additions, the introduction of ranked PvP, UI changes (everyone has been asking for) and much more.
See below for the official video of the interview.
Thanks to TorBoard for the giving us the notes because the video is a bit difficult to hear:
- Lesser end-game commendations (Champion, Centurion, etc.) will not be exchangable.
- There will be two levels of warzones. Regular and Ranked warzones.
- Regular warzones will give out regular WZ commendations, and Ranked warzones will give out ranked WZ commendations.
- New intro PVP set for new level 50 players to fill gap in gear.
- There will be some “fun” uses for commendations you dont need anymore.
- Phase one will be server specific.
- Phase two (coming in the future) will have cross-server queuing.
- Combat log coming soon.
- DPS meters/Parsers will be done by 3rd party addons via combat log.
- Free/Paid Server transfers are being worked on but no date provided. They want to make sure the process is perfect before releasing this.
- Coming in phase two of pvp changes (later than 1.2)
- Priority is on playing with people from your own server.
- As soon as you start choosing certain things (which warzone, ranked, etc.). It becomes more difficult for you to get a WZ with server players so you go into the cross-server queue.
(Visited 183 times, 1 visits today)