The Lost Island is the new Flashpoint in the Game Update 1.2. If you haven’t had the chance to check it out yet, try to get yourself in a group after you read this guide (so you know what you’re doing). It’s open to both factions and it also has a normal and Hard Mode for level 50 players. It’s a lot of fun and I really like the story that is involved as well.
In the story of the Lost Island, we are taken to a hidden island on Ord Mantell where we are called to end experiments by Mad Doctor. So anyway… what’s this Flashpoint all about and how do you succeed in it?
First, be aware that this is a Flashpoint full of encounters that require you to move a lot. You want to be ready to move in any instant and don’t just stand around staring at your keys or you’re going to end up dead and possibly wipe the whole group.
Here are some additional details on the Lost Island:
Flutterplume Plaguebearer is a mini boss lvl 50 champion with 48,975 hp, immune to stun effects. This boss has two abilities:
- Laceration (channeling 6 sec, interruptable, low amount of dmg)
- Mass Adds (spawning little birds from time to time, if you don’t kill them they will overrun you )
Putrid Shacklaw is a lvl 50 champion with 112,376 hp. This boss has two abilities:
- Self buff Overwhelming (Hits from these massive beasts slow targets significantly)
- Ground Marked Yellow Circles (moderate amount of damage )
LR-5 Sentinel Droid is a lvl 50 champion with 283,510 hp. This boss has four abilities:
- Plasma Arc (castable 2 sec, interruptable, moderate amount of damage on highest threat target)
- Waves of adds from time to time he spawns wave of 4 adds. There are three melee Specimen X mobs (lvl 50, normal, 4,850 hp) and one ranged mob Subject Zero (lvl 50, normal 4,850hp )
- Pulse Bomb (instant) can be cast beneath a random party member, after exploding makes AOE damage with huge radius.
- Incinerate (channeling 3 sec, interruptable, AOE fire flame damage)
- Shock Cables (castable 1 sec, interruptable, stun the highest threat target for a small period of time)
Transgenic Sample Seven is a lvl 50 champion with 17,393 hp with one ability:
- Horn Slam (castable 3 sec, noninterruptable, common amount of damage, stuns the highest threat target from time to time)
Project Sav-Rak is a lvl 50 champion with 227,761 hp. This boss has two abilities:
- Sav-Rak Smash (castable 4.5 sec, non interuptable, moderate amount of AOE damage, knockbacks ALL targets on the platform)
- Acid Spit (instant, can be cast on a random party member, jumps on the closest party member)
Transgenic Sample Eleven is a lvl 50 champion with 213,134 hp and two abilities:
- Dropping Ceiling Spikes (after emote “Transgenic sample eleven smashes the facility floor” the Ceiling spikes will start falling from the ceiling, leaving the spikes on the spot where they fell, high amount of damage)
- Frostbite (stackable, debuff “The Freezing air is slowly causing frostbite. Keep moving to maintain circulation”)
Doctor Lorrick is a lvl 50 champion with 244,102 hp and several abilities:
- Flurry of Bolts (castable, interruptable, small amount of damage on the highest threat target)
- Marked AOE poision cloud spawn point (usually spawns beneath a random party member and becomes a green pond, moderate amount of damage)
- Kolto tank (starts after emote “Doctrol Lorick powers up a Kolto tank”, the doctor becomes invulnerable by hiding behind the Kolto tanks positioned around the room)
- Beast Form (around 40% boss hp, after destroying several Kolto tanks the boss heals up to full hp and transforms into the Beast form with poison AOE damage and stackable poison damage debuff which increases poison damage, attacks random target from time to time)
- During the Beast form (or just before it) the boss will cast Ravage (7,5 sec channeling, interruptable, moderate amount of dmg)
- During the Beast form all party members will have stackable debuff Corrosive Smash (Periodic internal damage, increases damage over time. Fatal if ignored)
General tips: Healers time your heals accordingly. Remember for long cast heals that you have to cast and move. Tanks need to use defensive cooldown skills and melee needs to pay special attention to their positioning.