BioWare have updated the public test servers with a new patch. It’s clear we are getting closer and closer to the release of patch 1.5 and the Free to Play version of the game. We are still not quite there yet though, so today’s normal server maintenance won’t bring it to the live servers. That’s alright though. I think we all want the most polished free to play version of the game as possible. Up until release you also get to play around with the Cartel Market on PTS. for a while yet. Below are the patch notes:
The patch notes published for the Public Test Server are not final and are subject to change. The Public Test Server Patch Notes will be provided in English. The final release notes will be provided in English, French, and German when the content is moved to live servers.
Cartel Market and Free-to-Play
- Prices on some Cartel Market Items have been adjusted as we continue to review feedback.
- Conversations now display the proper number of Social Points rewarded when Social Boost is active.
- Players can no longer become AFK while viewing the Cartel Market.
- Free-to-Play players now have access to a second quickslot bar for abilities.
- The tooltip for the Guild Bank Unlock now indicates that guilds must already have a Guild Bank to use the item.
- Players now see the correct text when confirming purchases of items with multiple options.
- Descriptions of the Species unlock items in the Cartel Market now more clearly reflect that the item unlocks the corresponding Species for the Legacy.
- Subscribers, Preferred Status, and Free-to-Play players now see the correct unbind timers for Cartel Market items. Subscribers now see an unbind time of 36 hours for newly-purchased Cartel Market items. Free-to-Play and Preferred Status Players see an unbind time of 48 hours for newly-purchased Cartel Market items.
- Cartel Market items now display cooldown information in tooltips where appropriate.
- Tooltips now inform players that subscribers have full access to the unlocks given by Weekly Pass items.
- Tooltips in the Cartel Market now properly display for players who have already purchased items they are viewing.
- The Slate Mouse Horranth mini-pet now has the correct appearance.
- The Cartel Market item “Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting III” now properly states its Level 35 requirement.
- When using a Weekly Pass: Operations from the Cartel Market, the timer now displays as intended in the Lockouts Tab.
- Players who use a Weekly Pass: Operations now see the correct error message if they attempt to enter an Operation instance alone.
- The Major Warzone Experience Boost and Minor Warzone Experience Boost now display a buff on characters when active.
- The tooltips for the Major and Minor Exploration Experience Boosts in the Cartel Market no longer incorrectly state that the player will receive increased class mission experience.
- Black Market Cartel Packs are now bound to players upon purchase.
- The Crime Lord’s Cartel Pack no longer contains relics.
- The item names for the Sablefur and Ruddyscale Kowakian Monkey-lizard items are no longer interchanged.
- Armor sets and weapons from Cartel Packs now have the Cartel Market symbol on their icons.
Classes and Combat
- The Cover Bar is now accessible for Free-to-Play Imperial Agents and Smugglers.
- HK-51’s gear now scales to the unlocking character’s level when unlocking the companion as a Character Perk.
- Crew Skills missions now grant the correct rewards.
- Free-to-Play Players will find a reduced advancement rate for crafting an Orange, Yellow, or Green difficulty schematic. Subscribers will see no change to the advancement rate for crafting the same items.
- The cost of adding an augment slot to an item has been increased for Free-to-Play Players.
- Each rank of the Legacy Experience perk now grants +6% experience (as opposed to a gradual increase of +2/4/6/8/10). The total possible bonus from Legacy perks is still 30% in each category.
- The caps for Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations have been increased. All players can now accumulate up to 4500 Ranked Warzone Commendations and 2750 Warzone Commendations.
- The Weekly allotment for Warzones for Free-to-Play and Preferred Status Players has been increased from 3 to 5.
- Mini-pets now display properly in the item preview window the first time it is opened.
- The Unify Colors to Chest option now functions as intended.
- Characters displayed in the Legacy window no longer take on the appearance of the currently logged in character.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Corrected an issue that could prevent players from grouping with one another for instanced content.
- The shuttle from the Ilum daily area now properly transport players to Section X.
- Several typos and instances of incorrect text have been corrected in all languages.
- Dark Side Eyes and Light Side Eyes now display as brightly as intended when the camera is zoomed in on the character’s face.
- Players no longer crash to desktop when attempting to preview vehicles while mounted.
The following are issues known to exist on the current 1.5 build on the PTS:
Cartel Market and Free-to-Play
- The Cartel Market tutorial currently incorrectly informs players that there is a “Refund All” button.
- Cartel Market Items do not display properly when searched for on the GTN.
- The Cartel Market images improperly display some English text in the French and English versions.
- The new welcome screen has text that is not final and may contain errors.
- The Gauntlet of Tulak Hord, Revan’s Cowl, and Bastila’s Sash activate, but the apparitions currently do not attack.
- Some gear appearances in the Cartel Market may not match the store icon.
- Some Cartel Market items may not display the Cartel Market overlay on their icons.
- Using the Carbonite Chamber from the Cartel Market does not restore the player’s energy as intended.
- Limitations on Weekly loot rolls are not working as intended for Free-to-Play Players.
- Players do not retain the correct authorization for Orange items with Artifact (purple) quality modifications installed they owned before becoming a Free-to-Play player.
- Free-to-Play and Cartel Market tutorials may not display text properly in the French and German versions.
Flashpoints and Operations
- Several issues with Operations Bosses will prevent Operations from being completed as intended. It is not recommended that Operations be tested on this PTS build.
- In Explosive Conflict, nameplates currently display for Kephess’ Saturation Fire ability. These nameplates should not be visible.
- While completing the missions to obtain HK-51, the Mission Log may display progress incorrectly.
- The “Join Queue” button is not disabled as intended for Free-to-Play players.
- Gear may not appear to be properly lit when viewing gear in the preview window in some circumstances.
- Vehicles currently use incorrect low-resolution textures in the preview window.