PvP in SWTOR has long been a controversial topic. There are some who love it, there are some who hate it and everything in between. A recent post in the forums talked about how to improve PvP and it was written by a self-confessed old WoW PvPer. As someone who has also played hardcore World of Warcraft PvP, I can see a lot of their points as valid. However, SWTOR is a different game and I try to avoid any comparisons between two different games since it’s really different playing fields here. It’s apples and oranges- so comparing WoW PvP to SWTOR PvP just doesn’t stack up for me.
However… there are some things that you can learn from doing PvP in another MMORPG, such as WoW that you can take with you into new games that you play like SWTOR. So with the spirit of that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the points that this person brought up.
- Training dummies in SWTOR are not conveniently located like they are in WoW.
- Target bubbles in SWTOR are more difficult to find and can make targeting in PvP more difficult.
- Not enough enticing goals for excelling in SWTOR PvP.
- Improvement on and additions of more arena zones.
- Adding cross-server PvP queuing
- Smooth and friendly combat UI
- Balanced incentive to fight for
- Quick queue times
So what do you think? What kinds of improvements would you make to SWTOR PvP? Do you PvP in SWTOR at all?
Source: Read the full post for yourself on Reddit.