Now that we have the new expansion Galactic Starfighter, SWTOR players old and new are looking for ways to survive in this fast-paced and hectic game environment. You want to succeed in your challenging battles and progress forward so you might need a few tips. You don’t want to end up as that pilot who dies all the time so here are some tips to help you master SWTOR Galactic Starfighter:
- Know your ship- this is first and foremost one of the most important things you will be able to do. Your ship is your tool, inside GSF. You need to know it inside and out. A lot of this will come with practice and just playing a lot. But you need to know the basics of the ships. So take time to examine your ship for abilities and components. You need to know everything you can about your ship’s abilities by reflex.
- Choose the right ship- This is the best follow up to #1 because once you know the ships, you know how to choose the right one for your needs. You can get the upper hand in a battle when you know how to choose the right ship. Far too often players will choose the wrong ship for the task they are trying to do. For example, if you’re using gunships for dog-fighting then you are off base. You’re setting yourself up for failure. So take some time and choose the right ship.
- Do the tutorial- I know it sounds obvious but far, far too many players just skip over the tutorial and opt to figure it out for themselves. Sometimes that works but in this case, it really does pay off to do the tutorial. Read all the slides and take time to really study the information that you’re given. This can help boost you to nearly pro status in little time at all.
- Communicate- It’s essential you accurately communicate with your allies. Learn to express what you need and objectives quickly and clearly. Avoid needless chatter and work as a team player. Even if you’re playing with a PUG, try to get your team working together in some kind of strategy. This is a sure way to win battles.
- Practice- There’s really not any other way to master SWTOR Galactic Starfighting other than practicing it. The more you practice, the better you will become. It doesn’t get any simpler than that. So play as much as you can if you really want to get great at it.
Bonus: Which Ship to Use
On the topic of which ship to use, here are some basic guidelines. There are always exceptions to the rules and it depends on what type of player you are but in general:
Dog-fighting(Head On): Strike Fighter > Scout > Gunship
Dog-fighting(Close to the Enemy): Scout > Strike Fighter > Gunship
Far away: Gunship: Strike Fighter > Scout
Taking out objective: Gunship > Strike Fighter > Scout
Capturing Objectives Early: Scout > Strike Fighter > Gunship
Don’t forget to check out constantly growing list of guides for Star Wars: The old republic