We love bringing you fun stuff, especially great crowd funded ideas. This one originates right here in Austin where I’m from and it already has 350 backers and growing. They earned over $26,000 in the first 24 hours but they need more help to reach their goals.
Description: Upgrade the foam sword fight with an interactive LED health meter on the handle. It’s like laser tag, but with swords!
You have until February 28th to get in on the project if you want and there are some cool prizes for backers who give $25 or more such as a t-shirt to show your support, A pair (2) of Sabertron soft touch interactive swords, in your choice of color, with matching blade illumination color, A pair (2) of Sabertron soft touch interactive swords in medieval style. This is a new reward tier, added after Early Birds were gone, A pair (2) of Sabertron soft touch interactive swords in your choice of color, with matching blade illumination color and more. Check out the Kickstarter page to see all the pledge awards as well as loads of pictures of the prototypes, construction and more.
This is like sword-fighting on steroids. It’s really cool. I can see kids and adults alike enjoying fun with these. You can say you got in on the ground level by helping to fund the project.
Meet the extended team:
- Produktworks – Austin, TX – www.produktworksdesign.com – Overall consumer product design consultants
- Basler Plastics – San Marcos, TX – www.baslerplasticsllc.com – Injection molded plastic design and manufacture
- Phil Jacques – Elance – Mechanical Engineer & 3D draftsman
- 3Degrees Askew Engineering – Austin, TX – 3D Design & 3D Rapid Prototypes
- Printivity 3D – Kalamazoo, MI – 3D Rapid Prototypes
- Sierra Circuits – protoexpress.com – PCB manufacture and assembly
Production Timeline Overview
- February – Kickstarter live – Finish design prep for production
- March – Kickstarter funds arrive – Reward development commences
- April – Development, test, and redesigns
- May – Large sample product test before production
- June – High volume manufacturing commences
- July – Base level rewards start shipping to Early Bird backers