Bioware certainly didn’t waste time with their updates for Patch 3.0 after announcing the upcoming changes on Commandos and Mercenaries. Today in a new developer blog post, the Austin-based developer offered details on Vanguards and Powertechs. The changes are not as extensive as the classes covered in yesterday’s post but are definitely worth a closer look.
- All Vanguards are getting two additional passive abilities – Blaster Impact and Blaster Augs
- No drastic changes to vanguard tanking other than the addition of a new ability called ion storm that sprays waves of ionizing energy in a 10-meter cone range
- Assault specialist is now called Plasmatech and has undergone significant changes
- Tactics discipline gains two additional abilities – Tactical Surge and Cell Burst
- All Mercs get two additional passive abilities – Puncture and Prototype cylinders
- No drastic changes have been made to Powertech tanking, but there is a new ability called firestorm that incinerates everything in a 10-meter cone range
- Pyrotech discipline has undergone significant changes and gains two additional abilities – scorch and flaming fist
- Advanced prototype discipline gains two new active abilities – magnetic and energy blast
You can read additional details about the changes at the official SWToR website.