The names of the new characters that appear in the first Star Wars: The Force Unleashed trailer were revealed today in a very unique way.
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy shared the names with Entertainment Weekly, which posted them in a gallery. But it wasn’t just any gallery. The images from the trailer were put in the format of Topps’ iconic original Star Wars trading cards.
- BB-8, the rolling, R2-D2-esque robot.
- Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac), who’s seen flying in an X-Wing in the teaser.
- Kylo Ren (actor unknown), the mysterious hooded figure with the Stephen Colbert-approved lightsaber.
- Rey (Daisy Ridley), seen riding a speeder across a desert.
- Finn (John Boyega), the nervous-looking, helmet-less Stormtrooper, described on his card as “on the run.”
Now, we don’t yet know if these are the full names for each of these characters, or if any of these names might be aliases (this is a J.J. Abrams movie, after all). We also don’t yet know the names for a number of other new characters who still haven’t been officially revealed. For the moment, though, we can finally enjoy calling these characters by name.
Check out all eight trading card images below