Here is a rundown of what we learned from the SWTOR Jan 26 Producer’s Livestream where a new Iokath operation was announced.
- Community Topics
- Galactic Command Gearing
- 5.2 – The War for Iokath
- Story, Companions, and Group Content
- The Public Test Server
- Players feels that gearing is still taking too long, will talk more next week about adjusting the speed of getting gear.
- Plan to do an event soon to double your CXP gain.
Game Update 5.2 – War for Iokath
- Coming first week of April likely, if they can do a March release they will try.
- Bringing back operation content into SWTOR with 5.2.
- Master Mode Uprisings – hard challenge for 4 players. They will have additional mechanics and coming with 5.2.
- New storyline – Return to Iokath. Scouts from the Alliance, Republic, and Sith have all arrived on Iokath. You, as the alliance commander, need to pick which side you will be on and take the super weapon. You can side with the opposite faction from your starting faction (i.e. Empire players can side with Republic and vice versa)
- Returning companions – Quinn and Elara. If you side with the Empire, Quinn will return. If you side with Republic, Elara will return.
- New Daily area on Iokath. Storyline will unlock repeatable dailies on Iokath. New gameplay options with these dailies much like we did for the chapters. There will be a new reputation track depending on which side you pick.
- New Operation – Superweapon is the ultimate boss of the operation. Unlike previous operations, they are not waiting until Fall to release all 5 operation bosses. First operation boss will come in 5.2, all 5 will be released before end of the year.
- First operation boss is Tyth, the God of Rage in Zakuulan Pantheon.
- The same guy who designed the Revan fight also designed Tyth.
- This operation will be on PTS in about 2 weeks. They may either do an open PTS or a closed PTS and open PTS later.
- Most of the story for Iokath will be wrapped in the storyline but the operations bosses are also tied to the story and serve as a side track.
- Stuff coming to adjust CXP gains for operations in 4-8 weeks. They will do it before patch 5.2.
- Companions return are separate from the operation.
(Visited 960 times, 1 visits today)