March 18, 2012
Here are the patch notes for today's game update 4.0.3. Khem Val no longer invites his friends to hang out at Sith Inquisitor Strongholds, and many Companions have considerably reduced their nudist tendencies within Strongholds.
I love BioWare 🙂 Check it out in full below:
December Event Schedule! There is a whole host of events going on in the galaxy this December! All events start and end at 4AM PST (12PM GMT):
- Dec 8 – Dec 15: Relics of the Gree
- Dec 8 – Jan 5: Star Wars™: The Old Republic 4th Anniversary
- Dec 15 – Dec 22: The Rakghoul Plague
- Dec 15 – Jan 5: Life Day
- Dec 18 – Jan 1: Double XP Event
- Dec 22 – Dec 29: Bounty Contract Week
- It is no longer possible to cause the Character Select UI to disappear while deleting characters.
- Guild Set Rank and the Guild Set Rank Description now reopen if you use the X button to close either dialog.
- The Odessen Heroic Mission Boards no longer cause errors when quickly picking up new Missions.
- Fixed an issue that caused Alacrity to affect Companion summoning speed and Transport activation times.
- Khem Val no longer invites his friends to hang out at Sith Inquisitor Strongholds, and many Companions have considerably reduced their nudist tendencies within Strongholds.
- Players who have completed Chapter I of Knights of the Fallen Empire now have access to Darth Marr as a Stronghold Decoration.
- Fixed an issue where players lost access to HK-55’s Decoration following Chapter VIII.
- Placed HK-55 Decorations now properly display a holographic version when HK-55 is summoned.
- Addressed an issue where Achievements for defeating EPHEMERIS units had no description.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving credit for kills towards the “Kill it with Fire” Achievement.
- The “Seeking Out Prey” Achievement has been updated to include the Massassi Blood Battler.
- Fixed multiple instances of disappearing environments.
- Fixed multiple instances of gaps appearing in the environment.
- Ziost Cantina Areas now have appropriate music.
- Black Sun Territory on Coruscant now have more music to match the pacing of the area.
- Yavin Stronghold doors no longer glow on mouse over.
- The Yavin Stronghold Entrance Starship Hook now has additional Hook options.
- Fixed the Sith Recluse Lower Body Armor name in German.
- The Adno A-R6 no longer unlocks the Adno Firewasp Decoration.
- Fixed an issue where several Companion Customizations could not be sold on the Galactic Trade Network.
- Unbound Loot Boxes can once again be placed in Legacy Cargo Holds.
Classes + Combat
- Utility Points no longer reset after committing them and closing the Combat Proficiencies window.
- Warding Power now additionally increases Guardian Slash’s critical chance by 20% and increases the damage dealt by Warding Strike by 30% (up from 15%).
- Beacon of Might now additionally increases the damage dealt by Blade Dance by 30%.
- The damage dealt by Clashing Blast has been reduced.
- Saber Storm now increases the critical strike damage bonus of Blade Rush and Clashing Blast by 15% (up from 10%)
- The damage dealt by Force Melt has been reduced.
- Consuming Power now additionally increases Crushing Blow’s critical chance by 20% and increases the damage dealt by Aegis Assault by 30% (up from 15%).
- Pillar of Strength now additionally increases the damage dealt by Ravage by 30%.
- The damage dealt by Devastating Blast has been reduced.
- Sever now increases the critical strike damage bonus of Massacre and Devastating Blast by 15% (up from 10%)
- The damage dealt by Force Rend has been reduced.
- Double Strike now consumes 20 Force (down from 25). Damage dealt has been reduced with respect to the cost reduction.
- Whirling Blow and Spinning Strike now consume 20 Force (down from 25). Damage dealt has been reduced with respect to the cost reductions.
- Applied Force no longer reduces the Force consumed by Double Strike, Whirling Blow, Clairvoyant Strike, and Serenity Strike.
- Mind Quell now increases the damage dealt by Mind Crush and Vanquish by 15% (down from 20%).
- Deep Impact now increases the critical strike damage dealt by Shadow Technique’s Force Breach effect and Psychokinetic Blast by 10% (down from 30%).
- The damage dealt by Psychokinetic Blast has been reduced.
- Clairvoyant Strike now consumes 20 Force (down from 25). Damage dealt has been reduced with respect to the cost reduction.
- Force Break now increases the damage dealt by Combat Technique’s Force Breach and Slow Time by 30% (down from 50%).
- Updated the tooltip of Force Gust to properly reflect that it only affects the activation time of Mind Crush.
- Thrash now consumes 20 Force (down from 25). Damage dealt has been reduced with respect to the cost reduction.
- Dreadful Nightmares now increases the damage dealt by Crushing Darkness and Demolish by 15% (down from 20%).
- Crackling Blasts now increase the critical strike damage dealt by Surging Charge’s Discharge effect and Ball Lightning by 10% (down from 30%).
- The damage dealt by Ball Lightning has been reduced.
- Voltaic Slash now consumes 20 Force (down from 25). Damage dealt has been reduced with respect to the cost reduction.
- Mounting Darkness now increases the damage dealt by Dark Charge’s Discharge and Wither by 30% (down from 50%).
- The damage dealt by Firestorm has been reduced.
- Prototype Weapon Systems now increases the critical strike damage bonus of Rocket Punch, Rail Shot, Magnetic Blast, Retractable Blade, Thermal Detonator, and Energy Burst by 10% (down from 30%). All additional effects remain unchanged.
- Imperial Assassin now increases the critical damage dealt by Ambush, Penetrating Blasts, Followthrough, Snipe, and Takedown by 10% (down from 30%).
- The damage dealt by Penetrating Blasts has been reduced.
- Experimental Explosions now increases the critical damage dealt by Explosive Probe, Interrogation Probe, EMP Discharge, and all area effects by 10% (down from 30%).
- Explosive Engineering now increases the damage dealt by Explosive Probe, Cluster Bombs, Fragmentation Grenade, Plasma Probe, and Orbital Strike by 10% (down from 15%).
- Field Command now increases the critical chance of your area attacks by 10% (down from 15%)
- Series of Shots no longer benefits from the effects of Hew. All additional effects remain unchanged.
- Corrosive Assault no longer benefits from the effects of Cut Down.
- The damage dealt by Ion Storm has been reduced.
- Havoc Training now increases the critical strike damage bonus of Stockstrike, High Impact Bolt, Tactical Surge, Gut, Assault Plastique, and Cell Burst by 10% (down from 30%). All additional effects remain unchanged.
- Deadeye now increases the critical damage dealt by Aimed Shot, Penetrating Rounds, Trickshot, Charged Burst, and Quickdraw by 10% (down from 30%).
- The damage dealt by Penetrating Rounds has been reduced.
- Arsonist now increases the critical damage dealt by Sabotage Charge, Shock Charge, Sabotage, and all area effects by 10% (down from 30%).
- Independent Anarchy now increases the damage dealt by Sabotage Charge, Contingency Charges, Thermal Grenade, Incendiary Grenade, and XS Freighter Flyby by 10% (down from 15%).
- Conflagration now increases the critical chance of your area attacks by 10% (down from 15%).
- Speed Shot no longer benefits from the effects of Cheap Shots. All additional effects remain unchanged.
- Brutal Shots no longer benefits from the effects of Cheap Shots.
Flashpoints + Operations
- Addressed an issue where Solo Mode Missions for numerous Flashpoints were not syncing properly with the Player’s level.
- Malfunctioning Interrogation Droids in Solo Mode Korriban Incursion are now the appropriate level.
- Lowered the damage of Darth Severous and Commander Jensyn’s Dual Saber Throw in Hard Mode Korriban Incursion.
- Players are now synced to Level 11 instead of Level 10 in The Black Talon and The Esseles.
- Ortuno in Hard Mode Depths of Manaan now properly applies the “Water Field” debuff.
- Bonethrasher now properly gets increased damage from the Well Fed buff in Karagga’s Palace.
- Putrid Shaclaw’s Toxic Spit ability now deals less damage during its encounter in Hard Mode Lost Island.
- Kyramla Gemas’rugam and the Mandalorian Hunter adds in Blood Hunt have had their health reduced.
- Mentor in Solo Mode Directive 7 now has an appropriate health value.
- Increased the health of SV-3 Eradicator in Tactical Mode Red Reaper to be more in line with the rest of the Flashpoint.
- The final bunker defender in all Star Fortress Shield Bunkers has been increased in difficulty.
- Players no longer see two shuttles spawned on top of each other at the start of Korriban Incursion.
Items + Economy
- Fixed an issue where equipment wouldn’t suffer durability loss.
- All Event-related Decoration are now Bind on Pickup.
- The following Start @ 60 weapons have had their stats and names corrected:
- Veteran Duelist’s Saberstaff is now Veteran Force-Lord’s Saberstaff for DPS Assassins/Shadows
- Veteran Force-Lord’s Saberstaff is now Veteran Duelist Saberstaff for Tank Assassins/Shadows.
- Veteran Bulwark’s Lightsaber is now Veteran Pummeler’s Lightsaber for DPS Juggernauts/Guardians.
- Veteran Pummeler’s Lightsaber is now Veteran Bulwark’s Lightsaber for Tank Juggernauts/Guardians.
- Veteran Demolisher’s Blaster Rifle is now Veteran Targeter’s Blaster Rifle for DPS Operatives.
- Veteran Boltblaster’s Blaster Pistol is now Veteran Med-Tech’s Blaster Pistol for Healing Mercenaries.
- Veteran Boltblaster’s Blaster Pistol is now Veteran Demolisher’s Blaster Rifle for Tank Powertechs.
- The following stimpaks will now persist through death correctly:
- Advanced Battle Versatile Stim
- Advanced Field Tech Versatile Stim
- Advanced Bio-Enhanced Versatile Stim
- Advanced Experimental Versatile Stim
- Advanced Hyper-Battle Versatile Stim
- Advanced Exotech Versatile Stim
- Advanced Nano-Infused Versatile Stim
- The Enslaved Underwalker Decoration, The Statue of the Burning Skull Decoration, and The Dreadful Altar Decoration no longer drop from Dread Palace, and now drop in the Dread Fortress.
- Dread Palace loot has been redistributed:
- 8-Player Hard Mode Dread Master Council now drops a Chest Piece token.
- 16-Player Story Mode and 16-Player Hard Mode Dread Master Bestia now drops a bracers token
- 16-Player Story Mode Dread Master Calphayus now drops a Head Piece slot.
- Dread Master Calphayus now drops gear of the correct Item Level.
- Common Data Crystal Drops in Tactical Flashpoints have been reduced:
- First Boss now drops 2 Crystals.
- Second Boss now drops 2 Crystals.
- Final Boss now drops 4 Crystals.
- Bonus Bosses now drop 4 Crystals.
- Fixed an issue where classes were being awarded loot they could not use in Tactical Flashpoints.
- Droids and Creatures in Star Fortresses now only require 450 Skill to harvest for materials.
- Grade 6 Archaeology Nodes no longer appear on Makeb, and have been replaced with Grade 7 Archaeology Nodes.
- Fixed typos in the names of the Zakuulan Shield and Staff Weapon Display and Rack Decorations.
- The following items no longer require Artifact Authorization:
- Trainee's Body Armor
- Trainee's Boots
- Trainee's Bracers
- Trainee's Leggings
- Trainee's Gauntlets
- Trainee's Helmet
- Initiate's Offhand Saber
- Scout's Vibroknife
- Trainee's Offhand Blaster
- Scout's Shotgun
- Trainee's Belt
- Trainee's Generator
- Trainee's Shield
- The Ice Scrabbler Jerky Schematic now only drops on Hoth or Ilum, and its drop rate has been reduced.
Missions + NPCs
- All Class Missions that occur between planets have had their Item rewards updated.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Makeb Weeklies to not progress the Basic Gear Mission. This fix will reset “Basic Gear” Missions.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Ziost storyline to not progress following the Mission “Monolithic.”
- Fixed an issue that caused the Imperial Agent Mission “The Cult of Ki Sazen” to not complete after speaking to Lokin.
- Treek’s healing ability Fektur Sling has had its healing values corrected, leading to a more balanced healing amount.
- Text and proper lip synch are now present in the Lt. Pierce Recruitment Mission.
- Names for Black Sun gang members near the Nar Shaddaa Star Fortress Bunker now appear in French and German clients.
- An NPC in Chapter VII is now properly referred to as a Nautolan.
- Fixed Mission prerequisites for several Bounty Hunter companion conversations.
- Imperial Agents now get appropriate Mission rewards for the Mission “Dark Meeting.”
- The Balmorra Mission “Secret of Cave 52” now offers Powertechs tanking items.
- The following Missions on Ilum now have appropriate rewards: Operation Shatterstorm, Tightened Grip, Jam the Transmissions, A Fair Fight.
- Sith Warriors are now offered a tank shield reward on the Mission “The Transporter.”
- Tank classes are now offered tanking relics from the Mission “Shelter from the Storm” on Makeb.
- Addressed an issue where the Bounty Hunting Event Missions were not scaling properly to the Player’s level.
- It is no longer possible to leave The Founder via the Escape Pod during the Bounty Hunter Missions “Number One with A Bullet” and “Some People Just Need Killing.”
- Resolved an issue where a player could get stuck during Chapter VII if they logged out on a specific Mission step.
- The Sith Inquisitor Mission “Testing” now properly displays a Story Mission Icon and purple text.
- Arcann’s Lightning Storm ability is now resisted by Force Barrier.
- HK-51 and the Probe Droid now have healing and damage values in their ability tooltips.
- Players starting the Shadow of Revan Mission chain on their ship now see their companions react more specifically to their relationship status.
- Long Mission Terminal names are no longer cut off in French and German.
- Missing subtitles throughout the Knights of the Fallen Empire chapters are now present in French and German.
- Completing Hard Mode Red Reaper now correctly rewards points for relevant Conquest Objectives.
- Companions in the Tank role no longer interrupt NPC and Player-channeled abilities.
- All PvP and Starfighter Daily and Weekly Missions now grant experience based on Character Level.
- The following Directive 7 Missions now have rewards for level 61-65 players:
- Immediate Vengeance
- Violent Uprising
- Now that every enemy in the galaxy knows not to do so, Treek has ceased repeatedly yelling “You underestimate me!”
- Plaguehorn, the Rakghoul-Infected Reek on Tatooine, now reduces player’s accuracy with each Roar.
- The number of Gormak Tech Masters required to complete the Bonus Mission “Cyber Takeover” as part of the “[Heroic 2+] Cyber Mercenaries” Mission has been reduced to 15 from 30.
- The Mission “[Heroic 2+] Search and Rescue” is now repeatable Weekly instead of Daily.
- The Alderaan Republic Mission “Red Handed” now rewards 5 Common Data Crystals.
- The following Flashpoints have been added to the Mission “[Weekly] Tactical Flashpoints.” This will cause the Mission to be reset:
- Taral V
- Boarding Party
- Maelstrom Prison
- The Foundry
- Directive 7
- The Battle of Ilum
- The False Emperor
- Kuat Drive Yards
- The Voss Heroic Weekly Mission is once again available. The turn in step has been removed, and now completes in the field. This change will reset Mission progress.
- The Alliance Mission “A Kindly Old Monster” now gives a more appropriate error message if players attempt to deploy a probe in the wrong location.
- The Tatooine Staged Bonus Missions “The Fall of the Sand People” now scales its level and rewards properly .
- The “Basic Gear” series of Missions now properly grant Common Data Crystals on completion.
Most Users Ever Online: 497
Currently Browsing this Page:
Philip Thalberg: 25
Dann Albright: 6
Tiffany Wynne: 3
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:Gamerzone, eddard stark, coolplayer, Pinour, samzike, mattzpph, countryholidays, mayer10, samadov2, peteopo
Moderators: Peter Andersen: 23
Administrators: Soeren Kamper: 776, Lisa Clark: 440, Versed: 7