March 18, 2012
With Star Wars: The old Republic game update 5.2 comes a new galaxy map. Eric Musco updated the community about it:
Coming with Game Update 5.2 is a new quality of life feature, a revamped Galaxy Map. Aside from just being improved aesthetically, it also provides new functionality. We really wanted to improve players’ ability to travel around the galaxy, let’s talk about what is new with the Galaxy Map:
- You must have a personal ship to use the Galaxy Map. Make sure you’ve completed the early part of your Class Mission!
- You can access the Galaxy Map from anywhere by simply pressing the icon on your mini-map, navigate to it through the top UI, or use the shortcut key (Shift+M by default).
- Takes advantage of Legacy Perks:
- If you’ve acquired the Quick Travel perk, you can travel directly to your personal ship from the Galaxy Map.
- If you have a Priority Transport/Planetary perks, you will have a zero credit cost to travel to that location from the Galaxy Map.
- The Priority Transport perks function the same, but they no longer have a cooldown. Allowing you to travel quickly to different locations.
- You can now use Quick Travel while located inside ship hangers.
As you can see these changes should allow you to travel easily around the Galaxy and can save you the walk to your ship. Let us know if you have any questions about the functionality of the updated Galaxy Map. Tune in to our stream today where we will be showing it off.
Most Users Ever Online: 497
Currently Browsing this Page:
Philip Thalberg: 25
Dann Albright: 6
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:mayer10, samadov2, peteopo, milofarid, Raymond_Gibson, ClintBarton, Razzerwire, scarletguard, vsemulicamulica, hopperyelena
Moderators: Peter Andersen: 22, Gitte: 0
Administrators: Soeren Kamper: 643, Lisa Clark: 402, Versed: 7