Eric Musco just informed us, that the SWTOR devs are making some changes to Ranked PvP. The main goal is to make the seasons shorter.
Check it out:
Starting with Season 10 we are considering some changes to the frequency of Ranked PvP Seasons and how we structure rewards. Let’s talk about what our goals are for these changes and what we intend to change.
We have a few specific things we want to address:
- Seasons are going longer than we would like.
- Although this gives us a lot of time to put together awesome rewards, it does mean you have to go many months within one season.
- Having a new Currency to collect every Season can be clunky and adds extra complexity to earning and spending currency.
- We have heard a continual desire to bring back prior Season rewards in a fair but accessible way.
The Proposed Changes
- Seasons will now run 3-6 months – Our goal is to be around 3 months, but timing will be determined by Game Updates.
- Due to shorter Seasons we would adjust our Seasonal rewards
- Seasonal bracket rewards would be reduced overall. Ex: Each Tier might receive a Stronghold Deco, Title, and Flair
- All Seasons will now use the same type of currency
- We would implement a permanent Ranked Rewards Vendor which we would periodically add new items to, such as mounts, armor sets, weapon sets, etc.
- Starting at the end of Season 10 we would add Season 1’s rewards to the vendor for purchase. These items would be priced at a premium. This would mean they are available for purchase but they will be quite pricey to be fair to those who earned them at the time of the Season completing.
- As we complete future Seasons we will continue to add prior Season rewards. Ex: We add S2 rewards as we complete S11.
These changes will keep some exclusive rewards per season tied to your rank, while allowing us to continue releasing “bigger” rewards on roughly the same cadence we did previously. This will also allow us over time to build an extensive list of goods on the vendor which keeps a greater incentive for players to continue participating throughout the Season.
TLDR – Shorter Seasons, less tiered rewards with greater rewards on a permanent vendor, start rolling old seasonal rewards on the vendor for purchase at a premium.
Let us know your thoughts!