March 18, 2012
Dulfy posted a Q&A wrap up from the developer livestream yesterday. If you didn't see the livestream like me ( they are on pretty late, and I am in Europe) you can check it out below:
- Community Topics
- New Class Ability Animations
- 5 Year Anniversary
- Character Transfers – Sale will run from Nov 29 to Jan 18. 90CC transfers. 150 CC for cross-region transfers
- Rapid Recon Walker – Be a subscriber on Nov 27
- KOTET early access – Be a subscriber from October 25 to Nov 27.
- No pre-Fallen Empire companions will be coming back in Eternal Throne. They can allow you bring back companions you have killed off in the story via the terminal in Odessen if players want this.
Black Friday Sale
- Collection Unlocks are 50% OFF
- Friday – 50% off armor sets (except the Nathema Zealot)
- Saturday – 50% off all decorations
- Sunday – 50% off Appearance customization and species
- Monday – 50% off all mounts, vehicles, toys, and pets.
- 9 New Story Chapters
- Two new planets
- Outlander Character token to start at 60 or 65.
- Chapters are repeatable with challenge levels (KOTFE too)
- New Gameplay Innovations
- Galactic Command
- 5 Brand New Uprisngs
- Dark vs Light
- Five new levels
- New class abilities
- No more story until the next expansion after KOTET once you finish the 9 chapters.
Eternal Throne Story Overview
- The Alliance
- Senya &Arcann
- Two new planets: Iokath and Nathema. See backstory of Arcann and Vaylin in Nathema.
- What is happening with Jedi/Sith will be revealed in the expansion and you will get visit some of the Capital Worlds.
- Drew Karpyshyn was involved in writing all of the story chapters.
- 25 Chapters from KOTFE and KOTET
- New interface to launch chapters and change difficulties.
- Story and Veteran mode at launch, Master mode to follow in January.
- Choices from your first playthrough carry forward but you can try out new choices.
- Veteran mode is available from your very first playthrough and scale to your level.
- Veteran mode is balanced for mid tier end game gear and an Influence 20 companion.
- Brand new gameplay experiences as part of the story
- Pilot a walker
- Go undercover as a Zakuul knight
- Remote control a mouse droid
- And more…
- Accessible from anywhere for subscriber at level 70. No plans to allow non-subscriber to access this right now but may reconsider in the future.
- New to Galactic Command – Uprisings
- Access to game activities such as Warzones, Uprisings and Operations
- Earn Command Experience Points to get Commnad Crates
- Command Crates contain items including cosmetic armor, weapons, schematics, end-game gear, and more.
- They are planning to sell a 20% Command Points Booster in the Cartel Market.
- There is a Command Points Weekly Cap that is unreachable unless you exploit.
- Anything that is not killing normal mobs will give you Command XP. Ranked PvP and toughest operations will be the most rewarding in terms of Command XP.
- Once you get to Command Rank 300, you can still get command crates but you just won’t level up. You will also get flairs to denote your Command Ranks.
- You can get green, blue, purple and legendary tiers of gear. Legendary is a new gear tier they are adding with the expansion and it is very rare. There will be 12-13 different sets of armor you can get from the Command Crates.
- Since Command Crate has a RNG element, they will closely monitor and if people are getting screwed over with set bonuses by the RNG, they will adjust it.
- Uprisings are 4 player and intended to be fast paced
- Five uprising comings with Eternal Throne
- Accessible from anywhere through Galactic Command at level 70
- Story and Veteran mode at launch
- Master Mode and more Uprisings to follow early next year.
Dark vs Light
- Starting at Level 1, earn dark and light points to sway the balance of the force
- The war will be fought on every server
- Winning will cause large-group boss battles around the galaxy. Six different planets to spawn and each boss have like a bunch of possible spawn points with a 20% chance to spawn there. You have to go there with 8-16 players.
- Galactic Command highlighted activity affects Command Experience Point and Dark and Light point gain.
- Everyone will earn rewards based on their character alignment
- New reward currency: Dark and Light side tokens. You can purchase brand new cosmetic stuff that are particular to your alignment.
- Laggy Clips shown of DvL bosses in Dromund Kaas and Tatooine.
- One side will win every couple hours.
5 Year Anniversary Rewards
- Vendor on fleet that sells them for 1 credit
- Senya Holotrainer
- Celebration Jawa. This Jawa counts for “That’s Just Wrong” achievement where you need to kill players with the Party Jawa out.
- Stronghold decoration featuring the loading screens from each expansion and the original game.
- Dromund Kaas/Coruscant stronghold will be 5 credits each.
- No plans to have Command XP system to be legacy wide but they think it would be cool to have catch up mechanic for alts later on. If you want this, let them know on the forums.
- Unused gear tokens in 5.0 will be converted to credits.
- Uncompleted missions will be reset once 5.0 goes live.
- Horizon Squad is a new group of Knights that are loyal to Vaylin.
- No new strongholds in KOTET
- The companion for DvL will be the light side Master Ranos companion.
Life Day Teaser
Class Animations Clip
General Combat Changes
- Choose your advance class at level 1
- All stances are now passive
- New tier of utilities for each advanced class
- Big changes to each class – patch notes coming Monday
- Removing Phase Walk to tune down the mobility
- High damage single-target skill on a 15s cooldown that is useable from stealth or within 15 seconds or landing a critical hit.
- New Ravage/Blade Barrage animation. Changed from a channeled ability to activating instantly. Adds more mobility to the Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight .
- New ability for Vengeance/Vigilance Discipline. It replaces Vicious Throw/Dispatch and has a 30m range.
- New ability for Carnage/Combat discipline. High damage ability that hinders the movement of your enemy and reduces their armor.
- Gunslinger/Sniper: New ability which replaces Debilitate/Dirty Kick, allow you to stun a target from 10m away.
- Operative/Scoundrel: Use Tactical Advantage/Upper Hand to do AoE damage for 6 seconds. The Medicine/Saw bones will be able to use this ability from 30 meters away.
- Mercenary/Commando: New ability which absorbs all single target damage, reflect 50% of it and heal you for 5% of your health each time an attack is absorbed.
- PT/Vanguard: New ability which replaces flame thrower/pulse cannon, which have been removed from the game.
- PT/Vanguard: New ability which replaces death from above/Mortar volley, which are now mercenary/commando exclusive.
- PT/Vanguard: New ability which replaces Explosive Dart/Sticky Grenade, which are now mercenary/commando exclusive.
Most Users Ever Online: 497
Currently Browsing this Page:
Philip Thalberg: 25
Dann Albright: 6
Tiffany Wynne: 3
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:Raymond_Gibson, ClintBarton, Razzerwire, scarletguard, vsemulicamulica, hopperyelena, dart88, dart86, ieltsonline02, annaferges
Moderators: Peter Andersen: 21, Gitte: 0
Administrators: Soeren Kamper: 613, Lisa Clark: 400, Versed: 7